Many people don’t understand how important it is to prepare before entering the market. Most of them end up playing catch-up. Using these tips will help ensure a successful market experience whether you are a buyer or seller.
The spring market is going to be very busy. Low inventory combined with rising interest rates are pushing both buyers and sellers onto the market.
As a buyer, follow these tips to ensure a successful purchase:
1. Get fully approved for a loan by your lender. Make sure you get an actual approval letter. This will show the seller that you are highly qualified and serious about the purchase, putting you ahead of the pack.
2. Meet with your agent and make sure they know what your criteria are heading into the market. If a property hits the market on a Thursday, you’ll want to know about it and know the course of action to take in order to create an offer and make it competitive.
3. Understand the contingencies of your offer. Make sure you’re covered if there is some sort of financial contingency or a contingency involving an appraisal. Your agent will be able to help you understand any contingencies.
As a seller, follow these tips to ensure a smooth home sale.
1. Meet with your listing agent at least a month in advance. This allows your agent to set your active date and make sure everyone is on the same page. From there you can get your pre-inspection to find out what potential red flags could harm your sale. Fix those issues before you list, and ask your agent what you can do to maximize your profit.
2. Start a successful marketing campaign before you list. Your agent should have professional photos taken and create a virtual tour of your home in order to get your home marketed correctly before it goes on the market. This allows you to make a splash on the market when your home goes active.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me with a phone call or an email. I look forward to hearing from you!